Tuesday 28 June 2011

To Blog or not to Blog.. Thing 1 & Thing 2

Well here goes - my first ever attempt at a blog..  After spending ages faffing around creating it and making it look pretty I am finally writing something!
The idea of putting my thoughts on a computer programme for all the world to see has never been a desire of mine - I mean it's a bit... well.. vain, isn't it?  Who'd want to read it? So...Why am I doing the 23 Things?  Well I would like to learn more about this technology malarky for one thing, not having a lot of experience in things like blogging, Twitter and the like.  It is the future after all, and I am interested in learning more about it.  Also if it's going to help my professional career then it's for the good too.  You never know it may be fun along the way if I'm not tearing my hair out wondering why something doesn't work when I want it to.  (I'm not the most patient of people when it comes to computers - I gotta admit).  Well here goes...
To infinity and beyond!.........
Thing 2 - exploring other blogs
wow people are really professional in their blogs.  Some of them look really nice.  Some really know what to say in them too, I could never think of that much to write!  I struggle with this one!  I have sought out a few to follow, mainly other library assistants because I can't really 'relate' to what the librarians are saying.  Some of it I don't have a clue what they are talking about if they go off on a techy tangent!  Anyway will continue to follow the other blogs, am always interested what other people say on their 'things', librarians as well as assistants.

1 comment:

  1. Know what you mean about the vanity aspect of blogging, but am sure you've got interesting things to say. Will be good to share ideas/experiences with other library staff too, SLAs don't often get to chat to each other, think it will be useful

    ReplyDelete