Tuesday 12 July 2011

Reflective practice. Thing 5

Well.. I've had a look at the various tools that are used to send info to anyone who is interested.  I'm not convinced any of them are useful to my workplace to get the customers in, if that's what you are after.  We have a Twitter feed to our Library Intranet page and anyone who looks at our page will see our tweets.  Looking at our list of followers there very few,  if any, members of our Trust listed.  As for Pushnote - no idea.  I set myself up on it and tried looking for people and gave up.  One person was recommended to me as soon as I signed up and that was Stephen Fry, I thought he must have something interesting to say, so I recommended his link about his interview with Lady GaGa.
The only people who will see our blogs, Twitters, etc etc, are people who have also got blogs Twitters etc etc.. so I'm thinking this is probably a waste of time.  We can put various updates on our webpage on the Intranet using Sharepoint instead.  I suppose the Twitter feeds are useful if you want to add a link to somewhere interesting.  That's all we need in my opinion.  The people who can be bothered to view our Intranet page will be Trust staff, who are very busy people, so I think the last thing they will want is to have to read too much - they want a quick comment and a link if they are interested in it.
I will carry on with this cpd23 thing and see what happens..

No comments:

Post a Comment